When I was growing up in Salt Lake there was Harman's Cafe (Kentucky Fried Chicken). Pete Harman was the first person to open a KFC. The Cafes were sit down service with an expanded KFC menu. When one of our friends wanted to do to lunch, someone suggested the first KFC. I thought this will be fun for the kids to see. When we pulled into the parking lot all I saw was an ordinary KFC. I started calling around, because I was sure I was in the wrong spot. Ken said - look it says this is the first KFC. Come to find out, the original building was demolished in 2004 and replaced with... you guessed it, a KFC that looks like every other KFC. They did have some memorabilia inside and a bronze statute of Colonel Sanders and Pete Harman and a buffet that was ok. Other than that, we could be at any KFC anywhere. What a sad disappointment and a child memory desecrated. Oh well - below is a picture of Zachary and Lexi with the bronzes.


Zachary is holding his precious KFC mac n cheese. A fine delicacy wherever he goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment